Budapest, Hungary – Graphisoft, a leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software solution developer for architecture, announced the release of Archicad 26, and updates to its BIMcloud, BIMx, and DDScad solutions, on 14 July 2022.
Thanks to powerful improvements to automated design, documentation and collaboration workflows, and professional out-of-the-box visualization solutions, architects and engineers can dedicate more of their time and attention to their valuable design work.
With Archicad, architects can design, visualize, document, and deliver projects of all sizes with powerful built-in tools and an easy-to-use interface that make it the most efficient and intuitive BIM software on the market.
“Thanks to the powerful enhancements in Archicad 26, users can focus on their designs while increasing productivity through smoother design, documentation, and collaboration workflows, and their increased productivity translates into more time for design,” said Zsolt Kerecsen, Vice President, Software Success at Graphisoft. “Beginning with Archicad 26, our newly unveiled Adaptive Hybrid Framework approach helps us bring new technology to market faster,” he added.
BIMcloud – Great architecture starts with collaboration
The pandemic compelled architectural design practices to change the way they work almost overnight – and working from anywhere created an instant need for online collaboration and remote access to office infrastructure. BIMcloud Software as a Service closes the gap between the home, office, and theconstruction site – regardless of location or software used. Architects get fast, efficient, and secure access to shared projects in real-time thanks to their own secure BIMcloud hosted by Graphisoft in the cloud.
Example capabilities include:
• Getting started with BIMcloud SaaS is fast, easy, and affordable.
• Architects can start sharing their projects in the cloud right away – without any additional investments in hardware.
• BIMcloud SaaS is easy to use – no IT experience is necessary for quick and secure file sharing in the cloud.
• Practices can scale up or down as their workload demands and pay as they go.
BIMx – Explore, Engage, Mobilize
Bridge the gap between the design studio, the client’s office, and the construction site with award-winning BIMx, the most popular presentation and collaboration tool for desktops, mobile devices, and the internet.
The latest version of Archicad 26 features key updates to BIMx functionality on all desktop and mobile platforms. Customer buy-in is faster than ever thanks to an immersive 3D environment regardless of which platform viewers are using.
• Real-time shadows on BIMx Mobile offer a more realistic look on mobile BIMx versions
• Greater realism, simpler Publisher workflow, and new customization feature of Archicad’s texture export in BIMx Desktop Viewer.
• Immersive 3D environment regardless of which platform clients are using.
DDScad Viewer – Process IFC files with ease
DDScad Viewer is a powerful IFC viewer that allows users to process multiple files and different file formats – free of charge. Users can view, check, edit, and create these files. DDScad Viewer provides several features to coordinate OPEN BIM models such as advanced clash detection analysis, powerful IFC data visualization, and the bidirectional interface with BCF servers.
• Archicad-like user interface provides excellent usability
• Processes IFC, BCF, gbXML and other file formats
• Clash detection analysis available when using multiple IFC files
• Supports BIM Collaboration Format (BCF) for easy and precise issue management
• Number of displayed IFC models not limited – visualize the entire project