Singapore – CapitaLand has unveiled the six finalists from the hotly contested CapitaLand Sustainability X Challenge (CSXC) that will vie for the two top awards at the inaugural Grand Finale on 11 June 2021. The finalists will get a chance to pilot their greentech innovations at selected CapitaLand properties worldwide. The six innovations, comprising a mix of greentech startups and companies from Singapore, China, and the United States of America, stood out from over 270 entries received from more than 25 countries. Four of the companies will be showcasing their innovations for the first time in Singapore.
The six innovations  are:
- A portable, self-powered energy generator cum chiller which can generate clean energy and cool air affordably for buildings using ambient heat or waste heat .
- A water treatment process utilising photon vibration frequency technology to treat cooling tower water without the use of chemicals or power, achieving 60 percent to over 90 percent water savings and 1 percent to over 5 percent energy savings.
- An insulating glass retrofit technology that reduces heat gain inside a building, reducing the energy consumption used to heat or cool the building by up to 40 percent .
- The use of innovative construction materials for curtain wall with around 10 times less embodied carbon, and enhanced heat and wind resistance .
- A smart waste bin which uses artificial intelligence, robotics and multiple sensors to sort waste with around 90% accuracy to facilitate better recycling efforts .
- An indoor air disinfection solution that reduces virus survivability by over 99 percent within seconds.
The winners of the top two awards will each receive S$50,000 to fund their pilot at CapitaLand properties. Other suitable cleantech and sustainability innovations received among the entries will also be considered for future pilots with CapitaLand.
Ms Lynette Leong, Chief Sustainability Officer for CapitaLand Group said: "As a world-class sustainable real estate leader, CapitaLand plays an active role in not only shaping a greener built environment, but to also support sustainability innovations in the ecosystem. As part of CapitaLand's 2030 Sustainability Master Plan to elevate our sustainability commitments, the CapitaLand Sustainability X Challenge provides a global platform for CapitaLand to uncover burgeoning innovations from across the world that could contribute to our sustainability efforts. We are giving these finalists the opportunity to realise their full potential in making a positive impact on the environment. From the provision of funding, connecting them with industry experts, and offering a real-world sandbox to stress-test their inventions, the finalists can iterate faster and accelerate towards commercialisation. Through innovation and collaboration, we aim to step up our sustainability efforts including increasing the use of clean energy while greening our global portfolio, meeting our science-based targets to significantly reduce our carbon emissions intensity, improving portfolio resilience and resource efficiency, and enhancing the indoor environmental health and safety of our building occupants."
For more information, visit the CapitaLand Sustainability X Challenge website: www.capitalandsustainabilityxchallenge.com
 Data provided by CSXC finalists.
 Innovations that will be showcased for the first time in Singapore.