Sunnyvale, California, USA – Luminus Devices has expanded its portfolio of COB arrays with the launch and immediate availability of a new 95 CRI minimum, Smooth White COB series designed for spotlights, downlights, museum, hospitality, and architectural lighting applications. These new LED arrays offer excellent uniformity and colour over angle consistency, as well as exceptional long-term colour stability.
Smooth White Series COB LED arrays at a glance
• 95 CRI minimum with R1 through R16, all above 90
• R9~97 typical for vivid reds and natural skin tones
• TM-30-15 Rf=94, Rg=99
• >10% higher lumens/watt vs. competitors’ wide spectrum products
• No near UV emission and low blue
• High melanopic ratios for healthy, daytime human-centric lighting
• 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4000K, 5000K options
• 5 LES options from 6mm to 22mm
David Davito, COB Product Line Director, Illumination at Luminus, highlights: “Luminus continues to lead the COB industry with a stunning new quality-of-light solution for low blue, broad-spectrum, directional light sources. Building on our innovative Perfect White technology, Luminus engineers created an even more natural spectral response curve to mirror conventional halogen light sources while optimizing lumen output, vivid colour rendering and human-centric characteristics. Smooth White comes without the UV found in competitors’ solutions while establishing a higher bar for efficacy.”
This product line is now available through Luminus’ authorized distributors.